Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Joyce and I have talked with a very kind man from Wycliffe over the last several months about an eventual relationship with them. Tonight I received a phone call from him wanting us to get to know a few other people, one of which is currently living in a large city in my destination country next month. I am planning and hoping to have some time over dinner one night to get to know and enjoy time with him. How encouraging to be able to develop friends and build relationships like this all over the world. I can't help but think that this is no accident that the phone call came in at this time.

Now that I have airline tickets and my Visa, the many details are heavy on me as I try to make sure I have not left something important out. Please pray for the details as well as support that is still needed for the trek.

I also have to mention that I have started reading a very interesting book called, "Third Culture Kids" by Pollock and Reken. The book takes a look at children of expatriates, missionaries, military personnel and others who live abroad. With a significant number of their developmental years spent outside their country of passport. These TCK's must create their own, unique culture, a third culture that is different from their country of origin and their current country of residence. This situation can have adversarial impact on emotions, cognitive development, education, confidence and relationships. The more I think and read about this the more I realize I have to learn. Therefore, not all learning problems in children are a result of a neurological learning disability.

Thank you for your interest, support and time to read,
Brad
ISP

No comments:

Post a Comment