Thursday, February 21, 2013

Just a quick update on my upcoming to Central Asia:

File:Typhoid carrier polluting food - a poster.jpgTraveling a long distance takes a good bit of planning that includes the typical things such as what to pack in the suitcase so it is not over 50 pounds. The thing that could be very easy to forget about is how to stay healthy. I just got off the phone with my medical provider reviewing a plan for immunizations. It is so interesting to be asked about things such as chicken pox and medication allergies. I learned that I should get Hepatitis A and B, the B part is a weekly injection for several weeks. I should also get a Typhoid immunization and an antibiotic. It is a good thing I called when I did. I really didn't know much about Typhoid so I did a little research and found a piture of Mary that kinda explains how it is communicated.

Right now I am currently waiting on my Visa to be returned, this may take a bit more time. I have a good number of my psychology testing manuals and stimulus books copied into digital form which is time consuming but will save a lot of weight by not having to take heavy materials. This will also be more interesting for the kids to see stuff on a computer or iPad.

Thanks again for your support,
Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment